Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rockefeller Center Tree Has Arrived!


I was rushing to a conference for my job and had to stop and see the arival of this beautiful "Tree". It is a tradition for me and I could not miss it. After the conference was done I was feeling so sick and passed to see if they had put the "Tree" in it's spot before I went home and it had!

This year's tree is a 76 foot Norway spruce from the home of school teacher from Easton, Connecticut. The 10 ton tree was cut on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009, and made the 50 mile journey from Easton, CT to Rockefeller Center in New York City.
Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting, December 2, 2009, through the years they have made this ceremony biggiger and bigger with lots of famous acts. I have gone so many times but find that watching at home with a group of dear friends is a great way to celebrate the Holiday Season and the lighting of this beautiful "Tree".


Waiting for the Tree to be placed


7:30 AM Tree on Flatbed

Bottom of the Tree

4:30 PM Tree Up

8 comments:

GwendolynKay said...

I would so love to be able to see that. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope you are feeling better. Blessings!
Gwen

Stevie said...

Fabulous!! Thanks for sharing with us. It must be such fun to live in NYC during the holidays!!!

~S

Unknown said...

WICKED! You're so lucky that you get to see that every year! I just LOVE New York!The Macy's parade is soon right?! BTW I just saw the Christmas Carol movie and my poor kids were really scared.

Sandy xoxo

Anonymous said...

What an amazing site, I bet you can't wait until it's all decorated!!

Ginger said...

How wonderful, wish I could be there.
Thank you sooooo much for posting the pictures. Hope you are feeling better now.

XO
Ginger

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog and I wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying it! It's very interesting seeing NYC and I think we have some things in common. I look forward to coming back and visiting with you again! Enjoy your day! Twyla

chess said...

Christmas is past approaching and I wish to see that Christmas tree in person.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I won't be able to get into the city to see the tree lighting this year ... so it was nice to see a little preview on your blog Grace. I will be visiting my son and his family in Colorado soon, so Christmas decorating and celebrating will take place afterward. It's my grandson's first birthday too!