Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Valentine Tag Swap


Tada....January only and a swap done and sent out! This was so dificult because nothing for Valentine's Day is out yet except Hallmark and Candy. So I dug in my drawer of tricks and these cute dollie's and got crackleing...This Swap was from Natalea at Kandeland Blog, we were to make 20 Valentine Tags. I printed 20 of these "dollies" that I purchased from Kristin Hubick and decided they were too "white" too "bland" as is and wanted to crackle them to look vintage cracked a little. The first 3 had to be thrown out I read instructions wrote to Tim Holtz to ask what I was doing wrong oor if he had any tips, but no response he is way too busy my little message probably got lost in the thousands that people send. But I finally got it right and I like them. After it took a day to dry I dabbed them with a sponge dipped in Jet Black StazOn. I would have added more (hahaha) I got really sick and not at work and just wrapped them up and sent. What else can I add to this little tag...Sara no comment! hahaha All in all complicated and all I like them I hope you do also. xoxoxo

9 comments:

Little Pink Studio said...

Your tags turned out darling!
:)
Wish I had known about the swap in time, I've been seeing some great tags!
Cerri

Cheryl said...

Your tags are adorable, but, more importantly, thank you SO much for your kind comment on my blog. It is with the support of our friends that we can conquer these challenges!
Cheryl

Unknown said...

I LOVE your tags girl! I'm glad you got the crackle figured out too! Pneumonia!?!? You'll have to put your feet up for a few weeks before you get back to normal again! I wish you a speedy recovery!

As for Jill, her workout looks so easy but it's not! You will feel pain in all the right places the day after!

Hugs!
Sandy

Stevie said...

These tags are gorgeous as they are!!! xo

Anonymous said...

I think you did a fabulous job..WITHOUT the assistance of Tim Holtz!
Cheers!
xo
Cat

Sara said...

They are so cute! Just the right amount of stuff! Get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Your valentine's are gorgeous. I am so excited about the swap and at the same time upset because of the hold up with mine. I just hate to think they are "lost" and will never arrive. :( I see you are also going to Art Opera. We will have to try to meet up. I am so excited.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Your valentine tags are lovely, Grace! Just love them!!!

Vintage Blue Studio said...

It's so funny that we both created using the charlotte doll collage sheet. I love how different both of ours came out!