Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow in Central Park - NYC

On Monday, February 3, 2014 It snowed all day in New York City. I left work a little early so that I could get a head start on my commute home. As I walked through the slush I looked up at the UNICEF Snowflake that was put up during the 2013 Holidays and smiled. It is hard to see from this first picture but in person it was breathtaking. It was the Mama Flake with it's babies all around adoring her. I felt like a child just smiling at this wonder. I had to take a picture of Trump Tower, the man removing the snow was dressed in a pristine uniform all formal and handsome. You are probably thinking, "what snow"? Me too I couldn't believe how clean even the street was in front.
 I walked to the opening of Central Park and saw the Golden statue of General Sherman's Statue at Grand Army Plaza covered in snow. The "magic" began there and as I climbed lots of snow I saw a fairytale wonder of glistening white snow on the trees and a frozen pond. No matter how slushy and dirty the streets and sidewalks were around Central Park glowed. It was a living postcard. 













4 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Oh do stop posting fabulous photos of my favourite City it makes me want to book a flight!

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

The Quintessential Magpie said...

How gorgeous! I love to look at the pictures, but I would be lost in snow. I don't have the clothes for it. It looks like a post and, though, Grace!

xoxoxox

Sheila

Unknown said...

Wow so magical!!

vivian said...

Beautiful!! gracie, I miss you. I wish we could all get together!
xoxo
vivian