Monday, February 10, 2014

the Giving keys

I was shopping at Henri Bendel on Fifth Avenue, NYC and came across these vintage keys "the Giving keys" with messages on them. I love vintage keys and thought it was so amazing and inspiring to have my "Word Of the Year" BELIEVE pop out at me! I work upstairs in the office building above Bendel and so I went back to work to look up what the meaning was behind these pretty keys with strong words. They were created by Caitlin Crosby who is a singer/songwriter and actress. (click here for website) I love that you only keep your key until you feel you can pass it on to someone else who really needs your word. I can not wait to truly BELIEVE in ME and pass it on to someone else..... 




4 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This looks very sweet idea as a gift, Grace!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Now this is very clever, Grace! I love the keys, but I also love the notion of giving them to people who need them and writing to tell the people who mad them why. Neat!

xoxox

Sheila

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Love this sentiment.

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

Unknown said...

That's so neat! I LOVE my Blendel oyster bracelet and am wearing it right now. Thanks so much for making my Valentines day extra sweet!

Sandy xoxox