Thursday, December 15, 2011

15th Day of NY Christmas - Baroque Creche


(photo is from the Met's site no pictures allowed)

On the 15th Day of New York Christmas I give you the "Christmas Tree and Neapolitan Baroque Creche" at the Metropolitan Museum. The beautiful pieces were a gift from Loretta Hines Howard in 1964 and have been beautifully displayed every year. They do a beautiful lighting ceremony with music that brings you to tears. No pictures are allowed at this exhibit! I could never do it justice anyway.

4 comments:

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Grace,

Ahhh, the Metropolitan...love it!


Gabriela

Cheryl said...

Must be beautiful in person!! Looks so pretty!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Do you know I have never been to New York? I have traveled all over the US and have never been to NY!

Ahhhhhh, one day and then I am sure I will never want to leave!

LuLu~*xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEAREST GRACE!!!!!!! HELLO THERE! So good to see you my friend! Oh, life has GOT TO BE HECTIC in the city, NYC nonetheless!!!!! THANK YOU for coming to visit me and for your kind and gentle words, Grace. May you stop to listen, watch and discover something new that will inspire you to create something WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and best wishes, Anita