Tuesday, December 20, 2011

20th Day of NY Christmas - Lord and Taylor


On the 20th Day of New York Christmas I go to my 2nd favorite windows Lord and Taylor! I am a bit of a traditionalist and love old fashioned Christmas and they are always right on point! Lord & Taylor has been celebrating the holiday season by decorating their windows since 1938. This year's windows were inspired by an illustration from the 1940s that asked "What Is Christmas Made Of?" The displays feature illustrations drawn by children in response to this question, and scenes representing the kids' ideas, from sledding to seeing Santa. Oh my goodness Soldier is going into the store and didn't see me....Is he here for a gift for me?
















3 comments:

C'est moi Claudette said...

LOVE your window pics GracE. Lord and Taylor. They've been around for a while too haven't they?
Only 5 days left. What's up your sleeve my friend??
Love Me
ooxoxoxoxo

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Grace,

Nice! They own The Bay now. Did you know?

Gabriela

Cheryl said...

Lord and Taylor has to be my favorite windows always!! They really do try to stick to a traditional Christmas! Which is what I love about them! This is a great window! So heartwarming!!!
xoxox
Cheryl;0}