Monday, December 5, 2011

5th Day of NY Christmas - Tinsel



Oh Swarovski Star you need some Tinsel for the tree? So on the 6th Day of NY Christmas we wish for Tinsel for the World. What is Christmas in NY without some shopping and classes at Tinsel Trading? I got to take a class at Tinsel Trading with Debby Schuh. She has an annual New York sight seeing and class event and I was lucky enough to attend the class. I got to meet all the wonderful women (1 man) that were on the tour and class event. What a fabulous teacher, venue and students. We made this beautiful picture frame with all new "October Afternoon" papers. Debby was so generous, we have so much gorgeous papers and embellishments left over for other projects. Marcia the Owner of Tinsel Trading let us use a bunch of trims and beads and had the best Cuban food from Havana Central and fun cupcakes. Lots of Tinsel and lots of decorations to decorate all the trees in NY.













Our "cute" project


Me and Debby


Debby And Marcia






6 comments:

Havana Central Restaurant said...

The food looks great! Love all your photos:) Would love for you to stop by for a visit!

Warm Regards,

Havana Central

C'est moi Claudette said...

I've never been to it, but the food looks amazing. Only in N.Y. do they bring in the food that looks so colourful. Almost as pretty as all the tinsel, lol.
Happy 5th day of Xmas my friend.
xoxoxoxo

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Grace,


You look smashing! What a great workshop!


Gabriela

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Grace,
I've been catching up on all your previous posts about Christmas in New York and I'm spellbound. Sure wish I could see it all one day.

The tinsel shop looks like a magical place and I love your creation.

hugs
Sissie

Debby Schuh said...

I'm so glad we finally met and that you could come to class! I hope to see you again next year!

Cheryl said...

Looks like a wonderful time! I love the picture frame!! The cupcakes are great!! xoxoxo ;-)