Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Nutcracker Tea at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel - NYC



I had a fabulous "Nutcracker Tea" at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City. I took a very fast elevator to the 35th floor to their lobby and waited a bit to be seated. Yes I did have reservations. The girl at the desk called my phone to see if I needed to reschedule! What? We are in New York how can this happen? lol She wound up being fine and we sat down. I was so not impressed at the decor. The Lounge is a sunken living room with spectacular views but this was the "Nutcracker Tea" There were No Nutcrackers! Ok Maybe a Nutcracker cookie? NO! The menu was so delicious and so well presented. The desserts were cute, I could not finish so they wrapped mine in a green take out box! Cuteness. I asked why it was called the "Nutcracker Tea" and was told since they are near Lincoln Center and that is where the very famous Nutcracker Ballet is performed they are hosting a tea! It was really great the food and views made it a wonderful experience. A must do in NYC especially before going to see the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center. Maybe next year it will be a little more characteristic. So glad I did this. Maybe I miss being chased by Soldier Boy or him popping up wherever I was, I thought I would come here and there he would be. He is where he belongs now in Christmas Storage Land with his new love......



Scones with Mandarin Orange Marmalade and Cream


Watercress Pinwheels and Salmon


Egg Salad with Truffle Oil & Turkey


Fabulous Desserts


Take Out Box for my Desserts


Beautiful View of Columbus Circle

7 comments:

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Grace,

I still think this place looks nice...The food looks tasty!


Gabriela

Cheryl said...

Looks like you had a lovely time!! The food looks delicious. See thanks to you Soldier Boy found his love!! All is good!! Wishing you a HAPPY HAPPY and SAFE NEW YEAR!!! xoxoxo

Char said...

I think your tea must have been something very special. The centerpiece in the lobby was gorgeous. I would have loved to see that in person.
All the food looks amazing and I bet it was delicious too.
A great time by all.
Grace, I hope you have a very Happy New Year, watch the ball fall and see in 2012,
Char

Candy said...

It is a beautiful view. I haven't made a trip to NYC...yet. Maybe I should put that on my bucket list. Thanks for taking time to stop by and hope your new year is full of adventures.
Blessings ;-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

A belated Merry Christmas, my friend! I finally got my computer back, and I'm like a kid in a candy store. Speaking of which, do you not get to go to the most fun places on earth??? How great does this tea look! Save some for me, okay???

Love you and wishing you a Happy 2012!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ginger said...

What a wonderful time u must have had! The food looks so Devine. Have a Happy and healthy New Year.

Saucy said...

It looks like lovely food but I would have been happy it was sans nutcrackers - they scare the bejeezus out of me.

Happy New Year pink lady! xo