Friday, May 16, 2014

Four Seasons Restaurant NYC

For my birthday I got taken to the fabulous  "Pool Room" at The Four Seasons Restaurant in New York City. As you walk through the front door you feel like you are walking into an office building, no grandeur at all. It was neither mine or my friends first time there so we knew there was a smile at the top of the stairs but if you are a newbie you think you have the wrong address and you are really attending a stuffy board room meeting. Don't get me wrong there is definitely a New York Old School feel and attention as you are seated and how you are treated and the atmosphere but for sure the entrance to the Pool area with the flickering candles and beautiful trees that adorn it with Little lights makes you stand taller and walk with your head held high and proud. There i a feeling of being part of an exclusive Club as your eyes pan the room quickly not to catch the eye of anyone orintrude io their dinner.  




We were seated side by side facing the pool and our waiter was very attentive in a discreet not in your face way. Appetizers were delightful we shared Crispy Oysters and a Crudo Tasting

Tuna and lime, fluke and avocado, abalone and grapefruit, you could taste the freshness. For dinner we had a steak and a roasted halibut. Hint: just order the fish not the steak unless you have the tartare. 




The Four Seasons Soufflés was the definate choice for dessert with grand marnier, chocolate or vanilla bean. You gave this order in the begining so they could have it ready at a perfect temperature and fill it at the table. I am not a dessert person at all but can I tell you I was that moment. Remember it was my birthday I was anticipationg my.................
fabulous PINK cotton candy masterpiece! I was the biggest child at that moment and of course my table neighbors all facing the Pool and by the Pool shared in my birthday party and had a piece of the most delectible delicately spun sugar cotton candy I have ever had. Do you see the dark dot in the middle? Scattered throughout there were dried sugar blueberries and I turned to pass the Pink Fabulousness to my new friends I noticed it looked like a shaggy doggy face the blueberry being the nose.

Do you see a doggy face? 
Yes I tried a few different art pieces after everyone had their fill...we rather have finished our "Soufflés"! 
This was a mouse 
It was definately a lovely "grown-up" evening.....ahem ok with a dash of child play thrown in. Well it was a birthday party after all.

I am linking this to Pink Saturday. Please visit my friend Beverly from "How Sweet the Sound" and all the other Pink Saturday Blogs to see what else is comeing up PINK! xoox

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had fun. Thanks for joining us. - Regina

RobinfromCA said...

Oh, my! That cotton candy dessert looks so fantastic! I would have been like a little kid right then as well!
Happy Pink Saturday,
Robin

RachelD said...

What a charming tradition, for kids of all ages! And the lighting and the lovely cuisine---it must have been a splendid celebration.

I love sharing the birthday dessert with tables all around, especially to little ones, with their parents' permission. Isn't it lovely to spread the sweetness?

rachel970 5492395

LV said...

What a fabulous place for a fine dinner.

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

What a fun day, its fun being a kid again Happy Birthday. What day is for birthday? Laura

Ann said...

What a special birthday dinner for you. Yes I see a puppy in the cotton candy!! I'm sure it was a splendid evening.
Ann

Alycia Nichols said...

Oh, m'gosh!!!!!!! That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!!! Who knew something so fabulous and decadent could be created out of a carnival treat??? I love cotton candy, but it's been years since I had any. I'm sure you loved every luscious bite...and your newfound cotton candy-loving friends, too!!!

This was something really fun and different for Pink Saturday! I'm so glad you shared it, except now I'll be on the hunt now for cotton candy!

Have a great weekend!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Well as you know fish isn't my thing but desserts, that's another story - wow that cotton candy looks amazing!

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com