Monday, December 28, 2009

NY Botanical Garden Train Show

Sunday I went to the NY Botanical Garden Train Show. It was amazing all NY buildings and landmarks made from natural materials, like the Brooklyn Bridge in pine cones and twigs that towered over our heads and the torch on Lady Liberty made from pomegranate. They had Brownstones and homes Central Park, Apollo Theatre, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral and Yankee Stadium. There were model trains and also little lady bug and butterfly ones also that ran on a quarter of a mile track all around. The sparkling lights all around these beautiful "natural art creations" were pretty. Then we went into the Children's park to see Gingerbread Houses and was a little disappointed but still pretty sights along the way. It was a magical evening. The Show is there until January 10, 2010 and Thomas The Train will be on Exhibit until January 2, 2010.















7 comments:

Gabriela said...

Happy Holidays!

This is place I missed when visiting NYC back in July...Thanks for reminding me...


~ Gabriela ~

Michela said...

Hello Grace! Wow, can't believe...you live in the fabulous NY!!! Thank you so much for visiting me and joining my blog!
Happy holidays!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Stevie said...

Beautiful art! TFS!!! Gingerbread houses are my favorite!

Happy New Year!
xo
Stevie

Tara said...

Hi Grace

I am a Long Islander whose son goes to college in Manhattan--so we spend quite a bit of time there. I came visiting through Pat's wonderful blog of NY and here I find another!I will be back for a visit...I recently visited the Monet MOMA exhibit if you'd like to take a peak! Nice meeting you! :0)
Tara

http://www.daysmissedonahammock.blogspot.com/

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Everything looked so enchanting grace! We thought about going to this last week but I saw online that tickets had to be pre-ordered and decided to see the Rockefeller tree instead. I might save this for next year as I read that the Botanical Garden has this display every year. My husband wants to see this and then to go over to Arthur Ave and shop and dine somewhere there...we've never been there .. have you? It is full of Italian specialty shops. The Bronx is so far from southern Brooklyn, especially with all the holiday traffic...lol I think in all my life the only places I've seen in the Bronx are the Bronx Zoo and Yankee Stadium!

Buon Anno!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

PS I loved your photos! The detail in all of those those pieces was so wonderful when I enlarged them! The library lions were astonishing!

What was your favorite piece?