Friday, June 25, 2010

Pink Saturday - Pink Book



Happy Pink Saturday! I found this little book called "Verse Time The Pink Book of Dramatic Poetry" at a flea market. I didn't even open it and knew I just had to have it and that it deserved its own Pink Saturday post. It also has the name George Philip & Son Limited London. The series start with book 1 Pink, 2nd White, 3rd Green, 4th Red, 5th Blue, 6th Yellow, 7th Violet, 8th Orange. It was printed to especially teach speech The first edition was 1936. I wonder how did it get to a Flea Market in Stormville, New York from London England? I hope you enjoyed your visit, please stop by our Hostess Beverly from How Sweet the Sound to read more Pink Saturday Posts!







15 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Grace!

Love you little book. It is so cute. I think pink books are always fun, don't you? I know the answer to that before you say it. LOL!

Happy Pink Saturday to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Char said...

Wouldn't you just love all the books, pink, blue, yellow etc. I never knew such fun exisited in the "color" books, what a perfect find. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Pam said...

I love the book and the graphics are wonderful. What a great find.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Jenny said...

Oh how fun! Happy Pink Saturday...now with all the poems you are set for Pink Saturday for a while!!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Love your little pink book!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Maggie said...

OMG- now how fun is this??? I love it! Happy pS!

Unknown said...

That's one great find! Have a great weekend Grace!

Sandy xox

Regina said...

Beautiful book. Such a great find Grace.
Happy Pink Saturday.

" Regina "

Christi Williams said...

Great Book, So Fun!!
Happy Pink Saturday!!

Ann said...

Thats the best find. Pink book with poems-great post.

natalea said...

great book! nothing better than pink and old paper as one!
have a great weekend! xo natalea

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Grace.
I haven't been over for awhile and thought I better check in to see what your up to!

What a sweet little pink book, you are right, it does deserve its own Pink Saturday post.

hugs
Sissie

Holly Loves Art said...

What a lovely book Grace! Such a special find! It was meant for you.
Cheers
Holly

Sara said...

Very cool! Sorta like that pink etiquite book I found in Coldwater over Xmas! You have such great pink adventures!

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Just a note: I luv your blog!
I am pretty new at this, and have just started my own blog. But, I have joined up to be one of your followers for sure! Happy 4th to
you and yours!
Leticia