Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Maialino in NYC - Brunch with a Friend

I love my friends I can spend months without seeing each other but when we do we have a fabulous time. My really wonderful friend Beverly is one of those people. We did not get a chance before the Holidays to get together so right after we met for Brunch at Maialino (little Piggy) at 2 Lexington Avenue inside the Gramercy Park Hotel. Maialino is a Roman Trattoria with a chic New York City Market feel. Executive Chef Nick Anderer is fabulous with his use of Local fresh ingredients. We started with a Honey butter Glazed Pork Biscuit that had the perfect bite of all the ingredients. Next we shared a Porchetta, which is a Roast Pork with Friend Egg Sandwich and Ricotta Pancakes with a side of Market Fruit Jam and Fresh Ricotta with a Side of Patate al Forno - Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary. Everything was so fresh and so tasty. Sometimes when you go for Brunch everything winds up tasting the same and all flavors blend together but this was different and tasty. I definitely have to try dinner to see what Chef Nick does for that. It is still Restaurant week and they have an amazing menu for that if you are in the area definitely go in. Lucky Guests of the Gramercy Hotel get to stay at a wonderful Hotel that has a wonderful restaurant inside. 









Next we stopped at ABC Carpet and Home for some shopping. Their displays are Fabulous.



Next we went to Lillian August where we found this amazing vintage book with different Store Ads! What a treasure! A treasure? Yes for a mere $900 you could own this book.





Beverly also gifted me with some sweet, adorable gifts! She made these amazing Sweet/Salty Caramels and I actually have 1 saved for Valentine's Day! lol Yes they are so amazing.


 She made this adorable heart out of vintage tin and decorated for me. Simple and Elegant.




I love the blond/red haired nudie dollie and Beverly was so sweet that when she found it she thought of me. She also made the adorable Pink girl from a kit she purchased from Pam Huntington. 
Beverly always touches my heart with all she does. I so enjoy her company and she is so amazingly talented.  

 So call a friend you haven't seen in a while and plan a date!


3 comments:

The Other Side of Me said...

HI Grace,

That place for brunch looks amazing! Your blog is so pretty. I love the black silhouette girl. Glad you got to see a friend.
My gal pals and I are meeting next week to plan out our trip to NYC in the Spring. I will contact you for a few suggestions and see if you can meet up with us!
Hugs to you,
Tammy

Unknown said...

Wow my mouth was watering as you explained what you ate! I love the dollies she gave you too! Enjoy this strange weather!

Tammy I want to come too and see you both!! LOL!

Sandy xox

Kimberly said...

thanks for stopping in at my blog. I could only reply to you this way. That place you went to brunch looks so yummy. Its nice to meet someone else that has seen ONCE. I thought it was good. It wasn't what I was expecting. Have a good weekend!